Engine Block, Aluminum, 4-Bolt Mains, 4.125 in. Diameter Bore, 2-Piece Rear Main Seal, Chevy, Small Block, Each
Main Journal Type: 400 mains
Engine Block Style: Aftermarket
Deck Height (in.): 9.025 in.
Cylinder Bore as Shipped: 4.115 in.
Cylinder Bore Diameter: 4.125 in.
Maximum Bore Diameter: 4.185 in.
Engine Block Material: Aluminum
Engine Block Weight (lbs): 105 lbs.
Main Bolt Style: 4-bolt
Main Caps Included: Yes
Main Cap Material: Steel
Main Cap Fasteners Included: Yes
Main Bearings Included: No
Rear Main Seal Style: 2-piece
Finished Cylinder Bores: No
Raised Cam Location: Yes
Cam Bearings Included: Yes
Freeze Plugs Included: Yes
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: Block bores are .10 undersized to allow for piston set up.
With displacements up to 455 cubic inches, the Race Series small block Chevy aluminum bare blocks are an ideal starting point for any project that involves sprint cars, modifieds, late model stock, dragsters and unlimited competition classes.
Incorporated features include:
* Standard 9.025 in., tall deck 9.325 in. and 9.500 in. versions allow for greater versatility.
* Raised camshaft .391 in. (4.912 in. camshaft to crankshaft centerlines) provides more clearance for stroker cranks and eliminates need for fragile small base circle cams. Option for .434 raised cam also available
* Relocated oil pan rails are spread .400 in. per side (.800 in. wider than stock) to increase crank/rod clearance and reduce windage losses
* Siamesed cylinders: Standard 4.000 in. or 4.125 in. cylinder can be safely bored to 4.185 in. (ductile iron sleeves and extr-thick walls prevent cracking and produce excellent ring seal
* Oil pan bolt holes are relocated in line with main caps to eliminate interference with rotating assembly
* Main bearing bores are available for 350 (2.45 in.) and 400 (2.65 in.) bearings allow engine builders to maximize crankshaft strength and minimize friction
* 4 bolt billet steel main caps have splayed outer bolts minimize bearing bore distortion
* Big block camshaft bearings allow use of cams with larger base circle diameter to improve strength and resist twisting with cam driven pumps
* Dual starter mounts allow starter to be mounted on either side of block for chassis and oil pan clearance
* Front and rear external oil inlets, crossover and restrictor provisions to simplify plumbing with external pump
* Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures
* Coated cam bearings, freeze plugs and dowels are included