Main Journal Type: Chevy 454
Engine Block Material: Cast iron
Engine Block Style: Aftermarket
Engine Block Deck Height: Standard deck
Deck Height (in.): 9.800 in.
Cylinder Bore Diameter: 4.600 in.
Main Bolt Style: 4-bolt
Main Caps Included: Yes
Main Cap Material: Nodular iron
Main Cap Fasteners Included: Yes
Main Bearings Included: No
Rear Main Seal Style: 2-piece
Finished Cylinder Bores: No
Raised Cam Location: No
Cam Bearings Included: No
Freeze Plugs Included: No
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: Block comes with 0.903 in. lifter bores.
Brodix cast iron big block Chevy engine blocks are affordable options for your racing needs. These Chevrolet compatible blocks feature premium iron alloy, priority main oiling, a choice of deck heights, as well as numerous other features.
Brodix BBC engine block specifications:
* Premium iron alloy
* 4.250, 4.500, and 4.600 in. bore sizes available
* 9.800 in. or 10.200 in. deck heights
* Standard cam location
* Standard big block cam diameter
* 2-piece rear main seal
* Lifter bores available in .842 or .903 O.D.
* Standard oil pan
* Priority main oiling
* Wet or dry sump
* Nodular iron 4-bolt splayed main caps
* Standard fuel pump boss
* Oil filter mounting boss is designed for bolt-on filter adapter
* Additional 10 degree head bolt lugs machined in deck area
* Accepts standard clutch linkage
* Standard starter location
* Standard motor mounts